Looking a great gift for your family can be a troublesome task. You have to consider a lot of things before buying anything for them. It can be quite expensive too. But DIY Gifts for Family can save a lot of your money and make your family happy. The best part is DIY Gifts for Family looks expensive, just like any other gift you buy from the market but in reality, they are cheap, requires little of your time, few things to get it together.
DIY Gifts For Family Members
There are times when you are visiting your family after a long time or celebrating any festival together and look for a valuable item, which can have some sentimental value and will be loved by all your family members. DIY gifts for family consists of amazing ideas which anyone can use to craft lovely gifts. Making these gifts on your own will add more value to the gift, and everyone will love to have it.
His and Her Laptop Sleeves
These His and Her Laptop sleeves will bring a beautiful smile to any couples faces. Choose any color combinations for these sleeves as per your choice. To make these sleeves you need two different color felts and you can sew them in very quick time. They can be a perfect gift for your tech lover friends and family members. To learn the complete direction of making these sleeves, Get the tutorial here.
Hand Painted Coffee Mugs
Coffee mugs are always on trend to give them as gifts, especially if they are hand painted. The design made using black color over the white mugs will give a beautiful look to them. You can choose any design, but the design made on these mugs are very easy and can be done in very quick time. You use the different design on each mug for a perfect combination. Follow the tutorial for the step by step direction.
Glitter Mason Jar Pencil Holders
Glitter is a mostly used material for the DIY projects. These red and yellow glitter mason jar pencil holders are looking very beautiful and you can make them in very quick time. You can give these pencil holders as gifts to the kids, your family member and especially to your coworkers. They will definitely love them. Making of these pencil holders are very simple and does not require much material. Get the Tutorial.
Are you thinking to give something very beautiful as a gift to your family member? then there will be no better choice then this beautiful watercolour mug. You can make this mug in very quick time. Give these mugs to your family member as a gift on any occasion. Tutorial
- Take a deep bowl and fill it with the warm water
- Add a drop of nail paint in the water and spread it(Choose the color of nail paint according to your choice.
- Dip the mug in the water
- Let it try for sometime and your beautiful watercolor mug is ready.
Glowing Photo Luminaries
Would like to make something which you can give as a gift to your family member and they can remember it for a long time? Then you will definitely love to make these glowing photo luminaries. They will give a beautiful look to your family room during the night and you can make them in very quick time. Tutorial
- Take a printout of some memorable pictures of your kids and family members.
- Take some clean glass mason jars, flower vase or hurricanes
- Cut the pictures or photos according to the height of the jars
- Now stuck these pictures inside jars with the help of two-sided tape.
- To glow these Luminaries you can use light garland
- When you keep these Luminaries in your living room or family room they will give stunning look.
Painted Terracotta Pot
This Painted terracotta pot can be used at any place like home and offices. You can give this pot as a gift to your family members and friends. It’s very easy to make to and everyone will love to have it as a gift. Painted in white color with a beautiful message written with black color will give a stunning look to this pot. Get the Tutorial
- Take simple pot, you can purchase it from the local store or can use the old one if you already have in the home.
- Start painting the pot with the white color using foam brush.
- Wrap the top part of the pot using glue and jute twine.
- Use the latter stumps and write a beautiful message or quote on the pot with the help of black color.
- Write the maker name or whom you are going to give this pot at the bottom of pot with the help of latter stumps.
- Now take your herb plant and pop it in the pot
- Your pot is ready to use or give as a gift to your family
This is a very easy and useful thing which you can make it very quick time. The Chalkboard coasters are very practical and useful gift for anyone. Your family members and friends will definitely love have these coasters as a gift. These coasters will definitely help to keep clean your coffee table and office table. Get the tutorial
- Take the white tiles (purchase them from the local store). Make sure they are very clean.
- Start coloring them with help of black spray paint.
- You need to repeat the color process until they get the dark black color.
- Take some felt stickers and attach them in the bottom of the Coasters they will help them to keep scratch free.
- Now use some colorful Chalk to write a quote on these coasters.
Oatmeal Cinnamon Soap
Giving the Handmade things as a gift to your family members are always fun and your family member love them because they are made by you. These oatmeal cinnamon soap are very simple to make and you do not need to much work. You can give them as a gift to anyone on any occasion. Get the tutorial
- Purchase the Oatmeal Soap Base and Cinnamon Scent from the local store.
- Now cut the soap base in the small pieces and keep them in the microwave until they melted.
- Take the Cinnamon Scent and pore it in the melted soap base and mixed it completely.
- Now take the soap molds and spray it with the thin layer of cooking spray.
- Next, pore the melted oatmeal cinnamon soap in the molds and keep in the cold place to dry soon.
- Take some jute twine and cinnamon sticks, tie them on the soap to give it a perfect gift look.
Wooden Cutting Boards
If you are thinking to give a gift to a women or a men who love cooking then there will be no better choice then choosing something very useful in the Kitchen. These beautiful Handmade wooden cutting boards will definitely give them a reason to smile. You can make these cutting boards for your own home or can give it as a gift to your Mom on this mothers day. Get the tutorial
- Take some wooden cutting boards, you can take them in any sizes.
- Now cut them in the shape of you want using the wood cutting tools.
- Now to make the design on these cutting board you need etching tool
- Make the different designs on the board according to your choice.
- Now make the whole at the top of any side of the board and use a leather twine for the hanging.
- You can also write a quote or message on these board with the help of etching tool.
Leather Passport Holder
If anyone in your family loves to travel then you must love to give him/her a kind of gift which can help during the travel. This Leather passport holder can be a perfect gift for travel loving person. The best thing about this Leather passport holder that it’s handmade and everyone loves the handmade things. Your friends and family member will definitely love it. Get the tutorial
- Take a leather sheet and draw the passport size on it with the help of chalk. Don’t forget to leave two inches on each side to fold over.
- Now cut the leather sheet, Fold sides over and sew around the rectangle.
- Now your passport Holder is ready, but wait you need to decorate it.
- Take some white paint and give the look shown in the below picture.
- Now take some latter stumps and write a quote, message or anything you want over the passport holder.
- Now your beautiful and useful gift is ready to deliver.
Every family love to go on the picnic and everyone do lot’s fun, especially kids. But for the picnic, you must need kind of things which can help you to manage your stuff and food in the picnic. So if you are thinking to give a beautiful gift to your family then why not make a very useful picnic basket which can help you manage your picnic stuff. You will definitely love the idea of this Handmade picnic basket. Get the tutorial
- Take the basket and decide how many types of utensils you wanted to attach to the basket.
- Now take the elastic and arrange it in the different shapes according to the utensils and glasses.
- Repeat the same process for the other items which you want to attach to the basket.
- Use the glue to stuck the elastic with the basket and allow it to dry properly.
- Now your basket is ready to use, arrange all the stuff in it and ready to go for the picnic.
Mason Jar Leather Holder
You can give anything to your family member as a gift. But if you wan to them to feel special then there will be no better choice the DIY Handmade gifts. Giving a handmade to gift to your family is a perfect to show your feeling and love to them. This mason jar leather holder is a very unique and beautiful gift idea and you can make it in very quick time. It can be also use personally. Get the tutorial
- Take a thick leather sheet and cut it according to the jar.
- Cut the leather sheet in the two rectangular pieces , one for the sleeve and another one for the handle.
- Now sew the sleeve sheet and make the handle with the help of metal ruler, setter tool and hammer.
- Attached the handle with sleeve with the help of glue or your can sew it.
- Now fit it over the Jar and your beautiful Mason Jar Leather Holder is ready to impress peoples with your work.
Hanging Copper Planter
There are so many types of different things which you can use to decorate the home. But if you are thinking to make something which you can give to your family as a gift and can be used to decorate your home. Then you can make this beautiful and vintage Hanging Copper Planter. Your family will love to have it as a gift and it can give awesome look to the living room or any other places. Get the tutorial
- Purchase a Leather strip, Copper Spray Paint, Succulent Pot and Tin Bucket from the local store.
- Use the Copper spray paint on the tin bucket, you need to repeat the process 2 to 3 times to get a real copper look.
- Once the tin bucket dry, take the Succulent Pot and fit it in the bucket.
- Now cut the Leather strip according to the length you need and puncture two holes on each of the leather strips with the help of leather tools.
- Insert rivets and arrange it accordingly, your beautiful Copper Planter is ready to hang.
Stenciled Quote Pillow
This beautiful quote pillow can be a perfect gift for the family. Because this is a kind of gift which can be used in daily life and every time your family member see it, they will have a beautiful smile on their faces. So if you want to see that beautiful smiles on your family members faces. Make this awesome Stenciled Quote Pillow and give them as a gift. It’s very easy to make because most of the work you have to do on the cover. Get the full tutorial here
Hand Stamped Wooden Utensils
If you are thinking to give a gift to a kind of person who loves to cook. then you must have to choose a kind of thing which can be used in the kitchen. These beautiful Hand stamped wooden utensils can be a perfect gift idea for the cooking lover person. Get some wooden utensils from the store and write some beautiful and inspiring words on these utensils with the help of latter stamp. Get the full tutorial here